In this day tour in London you will have the opportunity to understand why London, despite having almost 2000 years of foundation, looks recent in general. You will be exploring some of the oldest and richest buildings and reconstructions in the history of the city as well as gazing at some of the most modern architectural projects in the region where the city was born – The City. Also we will be heading to one of the most beautiful regions of London and explore the history of the British navy and the prime meridian which defines the clock hour in the whole world.
Highlights: St. Paul’s Cathedral, The Bank of England, The Royal Exchange, Mansion House, Leadenhall Market, The Monument to the great fire of London, Tower of London (with optional 1,5 hour visit), Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast Ship, The Shard, London Bridge, St. Katherine’s docklands (stop for a quick lunch). After that we will meet your transport and go to Greenwich region, exploring the Cutty Sark, Old Naval College and Hospital, National Maritime Museum (1 hour visit), walk through Greenwich park and see the Royal Observatory and Prime Meridian.
Notes about optional: We can book for your group tickets for The Tower of London. Further information about pricing will be sent via email to you once you’ve booked your interest date.
Topics covered during the tour: Roman invasion and founding of the City of London, Stories and curiosities of the Tower of London, Construction and events at Tower Bridge, World War II in London and importance of the HMS Belfast Ship, Great Fire of London, destruction and reconstruction of the City, architectural magnificence, history and major events of St. Paul’s Cathedral, History of the region and Greenwich Palace and connection with the Tudors, Destruction of the Greenwich Palace and political war between Charles II and English Parliament, Construction of the former naval college and hospital and its connection with British navy and Admiral Lord Nelson, Battle of Trafalgar, Importation of Indian Tea, History of Royal Greenwich Observatory, some of its residents and the meridian line.
Duration: 7-8 hours.
Meeting point: Southwark Street/Burrel Street – SE1 – There is easy access to stop for drop off your group with your transport (van, minibus, coach). We will need to meet your transport after lunch so we can get to Greenwich region: Off Tooley Street, Southwark – SE1.
Time: Can be arranged via email to your group needs.
End of the Tour point: Stockwell Street, Greenwich, SE10 9JN. Outside Ibis hotel which also has easy access for your transport to stop and collect your group.
Language of the tour: English or Spanish at your request.
Recommendations for fully enjoyment of the the tour: Comfortable shoes and suitable clothing according to the weather conditions as there is a lot of walking, rain cover always work better than umbrellas as generally can get very wet and windy, 20p, 50p and 1 pound coins for toilets where needed, Backpack bag for shopping, bottle of water, snacks and loads of energy!
Safety advice: As you will be walking in sometimes very crowded places, make sure you will be able to follow our guide’s flag and respect all given brake/splitting times so you don’t get lost and everyone in your group will have the best experience. Also, make sure you have your bags closed and be alert all times for pickpockets.
Price of The Tour for your group: £ 350,00.
- Private host guide for your group in your chosen language.
- Audio guide system so no information will be missed.
- Food and transport costs of our guide.
- Attractions tickets – see optionals.
- Food or beverages.
- Anything else not stated in the description and included sections.
- We are a very committed team with our customers, but if at any time, for any exceptional circumstance in the event of cancellation from our part, the amount paid will be fully refunded and the attraction’s booked tickets will be given to you. Just to reassure you: It never happened before.
- On the other hand, once the tour is booked and paid it is fully refundable if you decide to cancel it for up to 30 days in advance of the tour date, and it is 50% refundable if you decide to cancel in less than 30 days up to the date of the tour. Booked Tickets for optional attractions are non-refundable and they will be given to you anyway.