London, the capital of the United Kingdom and England, is one of the most famous places in the world. It is the most densely populated city on the banks of the River Thames in the southeastern island of Great Britain. Due to the rich and well known multiculturalism, London in October usually hosts a variety of very enjoyable events. So get to know more in this article about what is on in London in October 2019 and how to make the most of it.
- To begin with, London in October 2019 usually is the best time to book your London hotel. The capital is very busy throughout the year, But at least for the first 3 weeks of the month, things are a bit quieter in here…
- Being in London in October 2019 you will see a dramatic seasonal change, as the autumn begins: In London, the average daily temperature at the beginning of October only goes up to 15°C or 16°C high.
Due to the colder months of October, the rain has been measured for about 7 to 10 days and rainfall up to 71 mm.
The days become shorter as the stagnant sun moves away from the Northern Hemisphere and as October progresses, the last day of the month lasts only 9 hours and 43 minutes.
One can visit London’s large and open parks and its gardens like Richmond Park to see a beautiful display of all kinds of tree and plants in the autumn colours.
- What to wear to avoid getting caught by the cold weather: Due to the cold and rainy days in London in October, you may need an umbrella, a raincoat or a trench coat. You can pack up some clothes that protect your body from the cold.
Such as Long sleeved tops or shirts, woollen sweaters, a waterproof shoe, a light leather jacket, jeans trousers for the day, besides some layers and rain gear may be required. This are all excellent options.
- For fun, you can participate in a number of events in London’s Garden District, with Halloween themed events, from traditional activities in the museum to London tours. Here are a few recurrent ones:
- Museums by Night: Two-week weekends, limited night exhibitions and exhibitions of cultural events after entry into museums across the UK.
- British Film Institute London Film Festival: Since 1953, is held annually in mid-October. Hundreds of films, documentaries and short films from over four dozen countries are screened in this huge festival. BFI Southbank and IMAX theaters have hundreds of Hollywood premieres shown.
- London Restaurant Festival: Get ready to eat some of the best food in this city-wide festival of food that goes on throughout the month of October. Several hundreds take part in restaurant-hopping tours, chef-hosted events and gastronomic weekends.
- NFL London Game: The NFL (National Football League) will return to London for the 2019 season with four games, two at world-renowned Wembley Stadium and two at the brand-new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Here are some of the games this year:
Chicago Bears vs. Oakland Raiders, Sunday, Oct. 6, 18:00, at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Carolina Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sunday, Oct. 13, 14:30 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, Oct. 27, 17:00 at Wembley Stadium
Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Nov. 3, 14:30 at Wembley Stadium
Of Course there is plenty of other tips I can give you about a trip to London during this time of the year, so feel free to contact me if you need any help planning your time in here.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, and if you did I would like to know what you think about it. Have you been in London any other October? What did you enjoy the most? Please comment, share and Subscribe to our newsletter so you will be receiving articles like this and other offers and information about travel in Europe!