During this day tour in Cambridge, our host guide will take you by train to a University City tour which is a very popular introductory tour. The guide will walk you through the heart of the historic city centre, illustrating the story of Cambridge and its university. Describing the architecture and traditions of its most famous buildings, institutions and residents.
Highlights: Some of the 32 Colleges (like Trinity, St Johns, Queen’s, Peterhouse, Emmanuel, Corpus Christi and Pembroke to name a few), The FitzWilliam Museum, The Earth Sciences Museum and the museum of Archaeology and Anthropology on Downing Street, going Punting or only watching it whilst walking along the river Cam.
Duration: 8 hours (about 3h in train from London and back + 5h in tour)
Meeting point: Your central London Hotel or your preferred central London location.
Time: 9am or Can be arranged to your needs.
End of the Tour point: To be arranged during tour
Language of the tour: English.
Recommendations for fully enjoyment of the the tour: Comfortable shoes and suitable clothing according to the weather conditions as there is a lot of walking, rain cover always work better than umbrellas as generally can get very wet and windy, 20p, 50p and 1 pound coins for toilets where needed, Backpack bag for shopping, bottle of water, snacks and loads of energy!
Safety advice: As you will be walking in sometimes very crowded places, make sure you will be able to follow our guide’s flag and respect all given brake/splitting times so you don’t get lost and everyone in your group will have the best experience. Also, make sure you have your bags closed and be alert all times for pickpockets.
- Private host guide for your group in your chosen language.
- All taxes and fees
- Attractions tickets.
- Food or beverages.
- Transportation tickets (including the guide’s) are excluded of the tour price.
- Anything else not stated in the description and included sections.
- We are a very committed team with our customers, but if at any time, for any exceptional circumstance in the event of cancellation from our part, the amount paid will be fully refunded and the attraction’s booked tickets will be given to you. Just to reassure you: It never happened before.
- We charge 100% cancellation fee if requested in 7 or less days prior to the date of the booking.