During this day tour in Oxford, our host guide will take you by train to a University and City tour which is a very popular introductory tour. The guide will walk you through the heart of the historic city centre, illustrating the story of Oxford and its university. Describing the architecture and traditions of its most famous buildings, institutions and residents.
Highlights: Oxford Castle, Christ Church (optional entry), the Radcliffe camera, University Church of St Mary the Virgin (optional entry to the tower for panoramic views of Oxford), the bridge of sighs, Sheldonian Theatre, Museum of History of Science (with a short visit depending on the availability of the day – you won’t miss the Einstein’s chalkboard!), Oxford covered market and the Ashmolean Museum (with a visit to the world’s first university museum).
Duration: 8 hours (about 3h in train + 5h in tour).
Meeting point: Your central London hotel or other chosen location in central London.
Time: 9am or Can be arranged via email to your choice.
End of the Tour point: Back at your chosen London location or can be arranged on the day with the tour guide
Language of the tour: English
Recommendations for fully enjoyment of the the tour: Comfortable shoes and suitable clothing according to the weather conditions as there is a lot of walking, rain cover always work better than umbrellas as generally can get very wet and windy, 20p, 50p and 1 pound coins for toilets where needed, Backpack bag for shopping, bottle of water, snacks and loads of energy!
Safety advice: As you will be walking in sometimes very crowded places, make sure you will be able to follow our guide’s flag and respect all given brake/splitting times so you don’t get lost and everyone in your group will have the best experience. Also, make sure you have your bags closed and be alert all times for pickpockets.
- Private host guide for your group.
- All taxes and fees
- Attractions tickets
- Food or beverages
- Transportation tickets (including the guide’s) are excluded of the price of this tour and should be paid by the customer on the day.
- Anything else not stated in the description and included sections.
- We are a very committed team with our customers, but if at any time, for any exceptional circumstance in the event of cancellation from our part, the amount paid will be fully refunded and the attraction’s booked tickets will be given to you. Just to reassure you: It never happened before.
- We charge 100% cancellation fee if requested 7 days or less prior to the date of the tour.