Our host guide will take you to a University and City tour which is a very popular introductory tour. The guide will take you through the heart of the historic city centre, illustrating the story of Oxford and its university. Describing the architecture and traditions of its most famous buildings, institutions and residents.
Highlights: Oxford Castle, Christ Church (optional entry), the Radcliffe camera, University Church of St Mary the Virgin (optional entry to the tower for panoramic views of Oxford), the bridge of sighs, Sheldonian Theatre, Museum of History of Science (with a short visit depending on the availability of the day – you won’t miss the Einstein’s chalkboard!), Oxford covered market and the Ashmolean Museum (with a visit to the world’s first university museum).
Notes about optional: We can book for your group tickets for the Christ Church and University Church of St. Mary the Virgin. Further information about pricing will be sent via email to you once you’ve booked your interest date.
Duration: 6-8 hours depending on which attractions will be internally visited.
Tip: If you decide not visit any attractions in Oxford internally you may have time for a quick visit to the nearby Blenheim palace in about 2 and half hours. We can help you with booking your tickets.
Meeting point: Your group will meet our guide at Beaumont Street, outside of the Randolph Hotel. There is easy access to stop for drop off your group with your transport (van, minibus, coach).
Time: Can be arranged via email to your group needs.
End of the Tour point: Beaumont Street, outside of the Randolph Hotel. which is the same drop off point.
Language of the tour: English or Spanish at your request.
Recommendations for fully enjoyment of the the tour: Comfortable shoes and suitable clothing according to the weather conditions as there is a lot of walking, rain cover always work better than umbrellas as generally can get very wet and windy, 20p, 50p and 1 pound coins for toilets where needed, Backpack bag for shopping, bottle of water, snacks and loads of energy!
Safety advice: As you will be walking in sometimes very crowded places, make sure you will be able to follow our guide’s flag and respect all given brake/splitting times so you don’t get lost and everyone in your group will have the best experience. Also, make sure you have your bags closed and be alert all times for pickpockets.
Price of The Tour for your group: £ 400,00.
- Private host guide for your group in your chosen language.
- Audio guide system so no information will be missed.
- Food and transport costs of our guide.
- Attractions tickets – see optionals.
- Food or beverages.
- Anything else not stated in the description and included sections.
- We are a very committed team with our customers, but if at any time, for any exceptional circumstance in the event of cancellation from our part, the amount paid will be fully refunded and the attraction’s booked tickets will be given to you. Just to reassure you: It never happened before.
- On the other hand, once the tour is booked and paid it is fully refundable if you decide to cancel it for up to 30 days in advance of the tour date, and it is 50% refundable if you decide to cancel in less than 30 days up to the date of the tour. Booked Tickets for optional attractions are non-refundable and they will be given to you anyway.