This Tour is ideal for those who are arriving by cruise ship in Southampton and would like to enjoy the day in the area or a selection of tours from Southampton to Salisbury and Stonehenge OR to Bournemouth with undivided attention of a private friendly guide.
How it works?
You have 3 choices of itineraries and duration of your Tours from Southampton:
A – Southampton ONLY In 4 hours walking tour:
Our guide will meet you at 10 am near your cruise terminal and you will start exploring this beautiful Port city which is mostly famous as the place of departure of ships like Mayflower in 1620 heading to America and the Titanic which attempted to make the same journey but fail and sunk on the bottom of the Atlantic. Some of the highlights of the tour are:The Mayflower Monument, The Watergate Ruin, The Wool House – Dancing Men Brewery, Corner Tower, Medieval Merchant’s House (you might want to visit), West gate Hall, The Duke of Wellington Pub, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Tudor House & Garden (you might want to visit), St Michael the Archangel Anglican church, Holyrood Church, RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 Anchor, Memorial Fountain S.S.Titanic, High Street of Southampton, Lancaster Vault, Forty Steps, Arundel Tower, Bargate – Mura de La Cita – York Gate – Polymond Tower
B – Round Train Tours from Southampton to Salisbury and Stonehenge in 6h Tour:
Our guide will meet you at 10 am near your cruise terminal and you will make your way through Southampton’s old Town until you arrive at Southampton Central Station, where you will take a train trip of about 30 minutes to the beautiful city of Salisbury, then take a bus to Stonehenge to visit the mysterious circle of Stones. After this visit, we will head back to Salisbury and explore the region before heading back to end your tour from Southampton. Highlights of this tour are: Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral and Main Square-High Street
C – Round Train Tours from Southampton to Bournemouth in 6h Tour:
Our guide will meet you at 10 am near your cruise terminal and you will make your way through Southampton’s old Town until you arrive at Southampton Central Station, where you will take a train trip of about 30 minutes to the beautiful Victorian Spa Town of Bournemouth. You will be exploring some of the main points which makes this place one of the best places to live in Britain and which a stunning sandy beach considered one of the best in Europe. Highlights of this tour are:Bournemouth Town centre/shops, Bournemouth Gardens, Town Hall, Richmond Hill St. Andrew’s Church, Pavillion Theatre, Bournemouth Pier and Beach, Russel Cotes art gallery, enjoy views of the Purbeck island and Old Harry Rocks.
- Tour escort/host
- All guide’s expenses (transport, meals, etc)
- Your own Food and drinks
- Your own Transport fares (Return train tickets – to Salisbury, Stonehenge (estimated value: £20,pp) OR Bournemouth (estimated value: £21,pp)
- Your own tickets for attractions you wish to visit (Salisbury Cathedral + Tour Bus + Entry to Stonehenge: £38,pp)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English, Portuguese and Spanish spoken languages at customer’s request)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, They are not charged for the Tour but they will still need train tickets
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Fully Refundable if Cancelled by operator